Sunday, September 03, 2006

Inspiration

First of all, I'd like to direct your attention to the right side of the page where the links are located; I think you will find these links interesting reads. I'll be adding more links as time goes on.

Second, I want to apologize to anyone that I don't respond to right away. Trust me when I say that it's not you, it's me.

I want to talk about different areas where we can find inspiration. I know that I've mentioned before that inspiration can be found anywhere and everywhere, you just have to pay attention. I know that it can be difficult to get out of our heads and just open up to all the possibilities around us; we live in a world where we need to go faster, and, if we blink, then we've missed something.
Take the time to find that inspiration.

Give this a try: go to your nearest playground and have a swing. I'm not kidding. If you feel a little creepy doing this, do it when the kids are in school or at night when the kids are in bed. Seriously, swing as high as you can. Think about nothing but the act of swinging. Shout out, "I can see my house from here." Feel the wind blowing through your hair, discover how high you can go.

Many things can happen when you do: you'll feel free, alive, and possibly regain something that you had lost ages ago.


7 comments:

Kilroy_60 said...

Tamara, I very much enjoyed this. And it's a perfect posting to tell you, You have been tagged!

Here are some Questions For You To Answer. Will look forward to hearing from you...

Ian said...

I tend to live vicariously through my kids when we go to the playground. I find myself chasing them, climbing on stuff (and often as not, hurting myself in the process because I'm much heavier and less flexible than when I was eight!), and generally acting irresponsible and carefree

It's wonderful.

Ian

Kiyotoe said...

I recently went to a playground with my 3 year old little sister but before that it's been at least 20 years and the experience was something I'll cherish as a dear memory with lil' sister forever.

Who knew playgrounds had that kind of impact???

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful concept! We would all do well to follow it.

BTW, I read much of the rest of your posts....you should write here more.

Very inspiring to this would be writer....thanks!

Me from Cali said...

I tried this once. I didn't feel free. I didn't feel alive. I certainly didn't regain something that I had lost. Instead, I puked. I am sorry to have to admitt this. Does this mean that my writing carreer is over? Maybe this experience will take me in another direction, however; you know: lemons into lemonade.

Leisus said...

This is a good read

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, swinging was very different from watching my 18 month grandson play on the swings and equipment. Yes, it was freeing. It was quite emotional for me. I cried, I had a whole conversation with the wind. (don't knock it 'till you try it--particularly if you had a rough childhood)
I'm glad I found your site. I will be reading more. I hope you will update more often!
Find me at
http://www.writewize.blogspot.com
~writewize~