Thursday, September 14, 2006

Questions

Kilroy_60 at Fear and Loathing: The Gonzo Papers sent me these questions to ponder. I have to admit that it took some time. Most of my answers aren't clear-cut, but I'm a little like that...a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll.


1. A book that has changed your life: There are many books out there that have changed different areas of my life. I can't name only one: Ghosts I Have Been by Richard Peck (read it when I was 10), Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams,William Nicholson, What the Bleep Do We Know by William Arntz et al (book and movie), Good Grief by Lolly Winston (excellent writing), Women's History of the World by Rosalind Miles. All of these have changed my way of thinking or inspired me in some way.

2. A book you have read more than once: The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. This one could go under question number 1 as well.

3. A book you would want on a desert island: 101 Ways to Build a Wooden Boat From Twigs and Sand. (Okay, it's not a real book, but if it was, I would buy it.)

4. A book that made you laugh: Paging Aprhodite by Kim Green. I like it when a book makes me laugh from the first page.

5. A book that made you cry: 'If There be Thorns' by VC Andrews (from the Flowers in the Attic series). I was 16 and I distinctly remember crying near the end. I can't remember crying any other time.

6. A book you wish you had written: One young adult series that comes to mind is Francine Pascal's Fearless. Amazing stories.

7. A book you wish had never been written: Hard one, but Malleus Maleficarum (The Witch Hammer) comes to mind.

8. A book you are currently reading: Smart Women Finish Rich, Canadian Edition by David Bach

9. A book you have been meaning to read: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

10. Now tag 5 people: I'll have to figure this one out.

1 comment:

Kilroy_60 said...

I chose to ask you to answer as I was confident your answers would be interesting. I am not disappointed.

Hopefully, it has provided a momentary escape from other thoughts. May you and your's be blessed with peace.