Thursday, July 27, 2006

Possibilities

As I write my fourth novel, I've become acutely aware of all the possibilities available to me as the story unfolds. I can make my characters do whatever they want, I can write whatever I want...it is entirely up to me. It's absolutley thrilling and liberating to be able to do what I want with my work.

I don't usually have an outline when I venture into something new. I typically have a thought in my head and just go with it. I felt that this book needed an outline; however, I don't refer to it on a consistent basis. I just sit down and type and the story just unfolds for me from there. It's taking on a life of its own, as it should.

Think of where you can take your writing. Think of all the possibilities. It's amazing what the mind can create when it's allowed to do its thing.

4 comments:

Mistress Regina said...

It appears, Tamara, with the synergy that can come from our working together possibilities are endless.

I do look forward to you visiting and sharing your feedback.

Ladies, Goddesses And Bitches.

Ian said...

My current novel is the first one for which I've really done an outline (albeit an incomplete one at that). I generally do as you - let the story and characters guide themselves around the plot I keep in my mind.

The mind is a wonderful thing when unfettered. We as writers are some of the very few people who understand this.

Ian

Anonymous said...

You left a comment that I did not see until today, please forgive me, I was not dismissing you. Thank you. I do not consider myself a writer, I just try to capture what I am thinking. I would appreciate your commnets at any time.

Kilroy_60 said...

From what I am reading here, I believe possibilities should be endless for you.

It appears from your comments on character development that you are embracing the spirit of Gonzo!

Might we exchange links?
Fear And Loathing - The Gonzo Papers?

My previous blogspot was lost is what appears to be an inescapable Blogger Archive Hell! So I am transitioning moving past postins while writing new. Excuse any virtual mess you may find.

Do you enjoy comments? It is something I find pleasing. Should you wish to share your thoughts, in addition to a link exchange, I would as well.