Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Belief

For me, the last year or so has been mainly about soul-searching. It's a time in my life when I'm actually trying to figure out things. I won't go into great detail about what these 'things' are, but they all stem from beliefs embedded in my head since childhood. Beliefs about myself, about the world, about life.

I guess I can give you one example. I always thought that if I worked really really hard I would be rewarded and life would just fall into place. And, yes, we do have to work to get the rewards; this isn't anything new. But, I couldn't understand why these rewards weren't coming to me. I knew I was a good person, hard worker, etc. Why were other people around me abundantly provided for while I was only thrown a scrap or two. I'm not any different than they are.

I've come to the realization that it's not how 'good' you are or how law-abiding or how 'hard' you work. Sure, these things have their merits, but what it all comes down to is believing in yourself, knowing you deserve the rewards and getting into the 'flow' of receiving these rewards. You have to align with your desires.

This is easily applied to writing. Align with your desires, align with your creativity, align with your wants and believe in yourself. Once you do this, the rest will follow.


6 comments:

Krystle said...

Hey there- I actually found my template off of - http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/ -

If you need any help getting your template set up - feel free to let me know, I'd love to help you!

Glad you like my blog too - Have a wonderful day! :)

Krystle said...

I now have the "Dream Weaver's" song stuck in my head ... :)

I read some of your posts, and I enjoy what you write. Writing can be amazing, when you just need/want to 'let go'... I'll be checking back frequently...

Anonymous said...

It is hard to put into words, how much your last few postings resonate within me because I have felt the same things as you, though I lacked the expression for them at the time. When & Where do we lose our connection to our spirit? Our true essence that forever wants to be set free, when we know how amazing it can be in the brief moments when it does manifest through us. I'm reading more and now writing more because it reconnects me to that what I have always felt... though I do admit that I sometimes lament the fact that I miss the tactile sensation of an ink pen to paper.

Have a fabulous day!

Tamara Hanson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael C said...

What great inspiration your posts have been. I have always wanted to try and write humorous stuff (a Dave Barry wannabe, I guess) but never devoted the time to it. I wanted to last year while recovering from open heart surgery but was afraid I would start writing and it wouldn't be any good.

After being upset with myself over not taking the chance, practically a year to the day later, I started posting my 'essays' in blog form and can't believe I didn't do it earlier. It's great to read your thoughts and inspiration. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Fear And Loathing In The Blogosphere and The Writing Muse, I thin, would be a perfect link exchange.

There must be something we can do together. I would think the opportuniites are endless. You do excellent work; perhaps you would not object to my adding you as a Blog Of Note?

I will look for word from you.